Alex S. Katzenberg III
While Alex S. Katzenberg has been a Maryland attorney since 1976, he has also served as a Civil Mediator in the Circuit Court for Baltimore City since 1991. He represents clients in matters of workers' compensation, personal injury, including motor vehicle accidents, medical malpractice, and traffic violations.
Mr. Katzenberg is a member of the Bar Association of Baltimore City, the Maryland State Bar Association, and the Maryland Trial Lawyers Association. He is an Auxiliary Firefighter for the Baltimore City Fire Department. He served on the Workers' Compensation Commission Special Committee on Infectious Diseases in 2002, and he has been a speaker at the Annual Maryland Workers' Compensation Educational Association Conference. Mr. Katzenberg was President of the Maryland Workers' Compensation Educational Association in 2016 and continues to serve on its Board. He was also named to the Maryland Super Lawyers' list beginning in 2017.
Mr. Katzenberg earned his Juris Doctor from the University of Baltimore School of Law and has a Bachelor's degree from the University of Virginia.
In 2022, Mr. Katzenberg became Of Counsel to the Firm, available for advice and consultation, as he moves away from the full-time practice of law.
Areas of Practice
- Workers' Compensation Law
- Medical Malpractice
- Motor Vehicle Accidents -- Plaintiff
- Personal Injury -- Plaintiff
- Traffic Violations
- 95% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- Maryland, 1976
- U.S. District Court District of Maryland, 1977
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit, 1982
- University of Baltimore School of Law, Baltimore, Maryland
- J.D. - 1976
- University of Virginia
- B.A. - 1973
Honors and Awards
- Selected to Md. Super Lawyers
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Circuit Court for Baltimore City, Civil Mediator, 1991 to 2021
- The Bar Association of Baltimore City
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Maryland Association of Justice
- Maryland Workers' Compensation Educational Association, Board of Directors, 2006 - Present; President, 2016
- Levindale Hebrew Geriatric Center and Hospital, Board of Governors, 1998 to 2004
- Box 414 Association, Inc., Board of Directors 1999 - Present; President, 1994 - 1996; Recording Secretary, 2000 - Present
- Baltimore City Fire Department, Auxiliary Firefighter, 1977 to Present
- Greater Baltimore Committee, Fire Department Subcommittee, 2000 to 2000
- Maryland Workers' Compensation Commission Special Committee on Infectious Diseases, 2002 to 2002
- Suburban Club, Board of Governors, 1978 - 1982, 1999 - 2008, 2020 - Present; President, 2005 - 2007, 2005 to 2007