A 39-year-old man was injured in a workplace electrical accident while working on the roof of a Best Buy store located in Anne Arundel County.
According to reports, firefighters were called to the scene at approximately 1:30 p.m. It was at that time that they found the man in cardiac arrest. Mall security and other bystanders were attempting to resuscitate the individual.
Witnesses noted that the man was working on an air conditioning unit when he suffered a shock.
After arriving at the scene, paramedics were able to resuscitate the worker, remove him from the roof, and transport him to Johns Hopkins hospital. Unfortunately, he suffered critical injuries.
Officials for the development noted the following:
“The work being conducted was on an already closed area and no retail or customer activity was affected.”
At this time, the Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation has stepped in to investigate the incident. However, the agency has yet to provide any additional information, including the man’s identity or details regarding the incident.
Even the most experienced workers can face a serious situation on the job. In this case, a man suffered an injury as the result of electrical shock.
As a worker, it’s imperative that you understand the risks associated with your employment. Along with this, you should never partake in any task that appears to be dangerous.
If you are injured on the job, don’t wait to receive medical attention. This is often critical in avoiding a serious injury. In the future, once you are stable, you can then learn more about the accident including who was responsible.
Source: Capital Gazette, “Man injured by electrical shock on roof at Arundel Mills Mall,” Lauren Loricchio, July 19, 2016